It has been a bit since I have written a blog, the winter
seems to be well past and a few things have happened I thought I would share.
Most important to Andrea and I was the just concluded visit
of Jessica, “her man” Chris and their beautiful 21 month old baby Alisha. We
spent a glorious week with our granddaughter, and it has been the highlight of
our years in Manitoba. We truly enjoyed our time with Jessica and Chris, this
is the first time we have gotten to spend more than a few minutes in passing
with them in years, and it makes us very proud to see the young woman she has
grown into. There is a touch of sadness though as Johnathan and his Andrea have
two beautiful children we have not had enough time with either. It is a
wonderful thing how much joy grandchildren can bring to your life.
On another note, I am just about done my time at Monarch as
the Safety officer at the foundry. I have been struggling for a bit with the
position and some stuff that has happened. An opportunity came up for a new
position at a very large company in this area named Décor Cabinets. They have
created a position for a Safety Manager and intrigued I applied. There was a
real good interview where I was able to offer my vision of a safety program and
obviously there was something there they thought was worthwhile. To make a long
story short I was offered the position and accepted starting Monday may 11th,
which coincidentally is also my mother’s birthday so I take that as a positive
sign.
In other news both our fish tanks are doing well, we do
enjoy spending the evenings watching them, it was quite interesting to see how
much Jessica and Chris enjoyed spending time watching them as well.
We did something very unique for us this year; we never
bought a golf membership. This is the first time in a dozen years but we intend
to play a bunch of courses when we want and enjoy other things like our boat a
little bit, although given the lack of water in this area (a few small lakes) and
the length of drive to any decent size lakes we have tossed the idea around of
selling the boat and buying kayaks, we will try the boat in a couple of more
lakes first though.
The other thing that will distract us is the motorcycles, I
have been out a few times and will be riding most days once I start at Décor as
I will be able to park the bike there without the residue in the air from the
foundry eating up all the chrome. Andrea is a little more tentative until the
spring winds stop howling, better safe than sorry. It is hard to explain to
someone that has not experienced the wind on the open prairie what it is like
to drive in it, so being cautious for a new rider is a wise thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment