It is Mom and Dads anniversary this week and I know they will not see this until after they get home from spending the holidays with my sister. Happy Anniversary to my wonderful parents.
Speaking of anniversary - Andrea and I have been together for 12 years this month, still a lucky man I am.
Next up is my birthday, we never really had any plans to do anything special but that changed I guessed. I have been running a 20 gallon salt water tank for a while and have been looking for a larger tank that will support more fish. It seemed every time we found something that would be the right size it was way over priced junk. There was one decent tank for sale, the guy had bought it from the same place we had bought Andrea's so we knew it was an amazing quality tank. He is selling it because the overflow is one the end so it was not the style he wanted and he had only had it about a month. We decided to buy it and use it as a room divider between the dining room and living room. The new tank will be 54 inches long, 24 inches wide and 24 inches deep. It is rated at 130 gallons (US) and like her's is made from starfire glass. We went and looked at the tank yesterday and it was literally mesmerizing, I had to literally pull Andrea away. The plan is to pick it up on the first, it is going to take a few days for the current owner to empty it out and get it ready to move.
Here is what it looks like in his basement. I will be using a different type of lighting, I ordered a light bar made by Orbit Marine that will be a bar that basically is almost the full length of the tank. As you can see it is meant to be enjoyed from both sides and we will be able to see it from the kitchen, dining room, great room and living room so it will be a great show piece much like Andrea's.We are really excited to see how our grand children like the tanks, it looks like Ally will be the first to get to see the tanks but she should find them fairly entrancing...
In the meantime my little Christmas vacation is over, back to work in the morning, there is some really big projects going on as we are doing a major expansion of our production capacity and more modernization. With everyone from the production side on vacation it is time for our projects department and maintenance crew to get things done - of course that means I get to do what I do best: watch other people work LOL.
Andrea and Noah are on holidays until the 5th so they will get some nice time together. We have had several plans to go ice fishing but every time they have fallen through, but we will get there, likely not while we are getting -40 windchill's.
No comments:
Post a Comment