Monday, 14 April 2014

Fish, there are fish in MB

Well at least in Andrea's aquarium...she cycled the tank using the ammonia method and then on the first weekend of April decided to add her first fish, she went with blue green chromis

for the first round. She added three small fish on Saturday evening and carefully watched for any tank related issues. After six days of the tank and fish doing well she decided it was time to add a few more. She went with the salt water aquarium standard clown fish


and decided to go with a pair of cardinals as well.


She is currently at seven fish in the 100 gallon display tank. All these fish will grow to about 3" in length when mature.

I know I have not wrote anything for a bit, but honestly even I do not know how to make sitting home on the couch sound exciting. That is all I do for the majority of the time, a quick trip for a few groceries or going for a drive with Andrea has been the excitement for me the last 13 weeks. I started physio last week, finally able to ditch the sling and start moving my shoulder but under some restrictions. Most movement is supposed to be guided by my other hand and I am under a limit of lifting no more than 10 lbs with that arm. The exercises keep me busy for a couple of hours a day with more to come but they are sorely needed to regain function and strength in that shoulder.

I would like to report that the warm weather is making everything feel like spring but we are still suffering negative temps during the day and things will be a while yet before growing again. With the coming weekend being Easter, we are planning to go to camp the one of the nicer days to see how the place weathered the winter and to take some measurements of things we want to work on to start budgeting...going to take the atv's up though as I suspect the lower pasture where we access the property will be very wet.

I have made a very poor home movie of Andrea's aquarium but if you would like to see it please click below...

Andrea has always been a bit of a photography buff, she actually has some fairly high end equipment and I am going to be spoiling her for our anniversary with a macro lens for her Nikon.
Our anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks along with her birthday (man did I get suckered on that date) so we have been putting aside a little spare cash to go into Winnipeg for her birthday. A bunch of people from the area and from out of province are getting together for a "frag swap". This means essentially a yard sale for aquarium related stuff, I plan on taking the truck just in case...

No comments:

Post a Comment